Ernst E. Pollmeier
ESR Pollmeier GmbH was founded in 1969 by Ernst E. Pollmeier. The company is still owned and run by the family of the founder. It is located in Ober-Ramstadt, some 40 km south of Frankfurt (Main), Germany.
The Specialist for Servo Drives and Servo Systems
The company started as a consultant engineering firm specializing in industrial electronics. In the late 1970's the focus became servo drive technology which today is the company's only scope of work.
ESR sees itself as a specialist for servo drives and systems. Over 100,000 ESR drive systems in successful operation around the world substantiate the company's claim to offer optimum products and services in this field.
Complete Drive Systems from a Single Source
– this is an accurate summary of ESR's corporate policy. This encompasses core products such as
- Servo drives, digital or analog
- Positioning and technology functions, servo drive-integrated
- Industrial Ethernet and fieldbus interfaces for integration in automation systems
- Software for commissioning, diagnostics, and simple programming
- Multi-axis servo systems
- Servo motors, also with gear boxes, brakes, and encoder systems
- Torque motors, also with hollow shaft
- Linear drive systems, as linear axes with carriage and guides or as actuators
- Accessories for convenient assembly and cabling
All parts of a ESR drive package are matched and have been tested as combinations. This guarantees smooth installation, reliable operation, and definite system responsibility on the part of one single supplier.
In addition to that, the “complete drive system from a single source” includes a comprehensive service system. Sales and application department offer competent pre- and after-sales support. Our services in detail:
- Drive system configuration in cooperation with users
- Customer-specific adaptations
- Commissioning services
- Servicing throughout the entire machine life
ESR today is still capable of repairing devices which were delivered in the 1970's. In addition to over-night shipping of spare parts, we offer servicing on-site in very urgent cases and immediate repair of parts brought in by the customer.
You can find more information in our company profile.
Cooperation with Partners
ESR offers its complete servo drive system in close cooperation with selected motor and gear box manufacturers. ESR servo drives and motors are meticulously coordinated in order to offer the customer a reliable solution under all operating conditions.
At the other end of the servo drive, cooperation with manufacturers of CNC and PLC systems enables ESR to offer user-friendly solutions.
ESR products are not only distributed by the mother company in Ober-Ramstadt, but also by sales partners. The fact that labeling partners market ESR products under their own name clearly illustrates the trust ESR's customers place in the company's performance.
To be able to offer products up to the state of the art, and also to be in a position to exert influence on the development of standards, ESR also cooperates with other drive manufacturers in certain fields. These include
- Electric Drive Systems Section in the ZVEI
- The ZVEI (Central Association of the Electrotechnical and Electronics Engineering Industry) together with its section of “Electric Drives” is Germany's most important organization for manufacturers of electrical drives.
- VeCon project and subsequent projects
- Development of a set of chips for digital drive control within the scope of an European joint venture. For long-term preservation and further development ESR collaborates in two subsequent projects.
- Industrial Ethernet and Fieldbus User Organizations for EtherCAT, Profibus/Profinet, and CAN/CANopen
- ESR is member of EtherCAT Technology Group (ETG), Profibus User Organization, and CAN in Automation (CiA). ESR staff participate in the drive-specific working groups of these organizations. Former activities included, among others, memberships in Interbus Club and Sercos interface as well as PLCopen and DRIVECOM User Group.
In addition, ESR staff are active in various VDI/VDE-GMA committees.